Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all service machines are operating at the required level of productive efficiency and are available when required.
- To implement all policies, activities, procedures, instructions as relevant and required by the quality management system.
- To operate boiler in such a way that high efficiency is obtained and conforms to the safety standards of the machinery department. Compliance to minimum standard of DOSH (Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994) and DOE especially on Environmental Quality (Clean Air) Regulation 2014.
- To maintain the necessary records of the boilers and other service equipment including the pipelines. Ensuring meet of production temperature and run at highest efficiency in energy without/minimum wastages.
- To perform boiler water analysis, feed water, fuel water, fuel oil and run the boiler at maximum efficiency. (We use thermo oil boiler, hence no water analysis required. I propose this to ensure boiler run at maximum efficiency and optimize the heat recovery. Work with Suppliers on analysis of the thermo oil).
- To carry out maintenance and frequent check on all machinery’s in the service area.
- To operate and frequent check on general service equipment’s including water pumps, air compressors, chillers, cooling tower, water tanks/level and WWTP
- To ensure fuel oil tank and surrounding area are in clean and good condition accord to GMP.
- To ensure that fuel oil and boiler chemicals are ordered to maintain minimal inventories.
- To perform other works for Facilities department as required by the superior when not operating the boiler.
- To inform superior officers of any malfunction or machine break down and take remedial action to solve the problems.
- To perform 5s and ensure machines and work place always clean and tidy.
- To undertake all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior.
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate in Boilerman Grade 1.
- Competent Boilerman Grade 1 registered with DOSH.
- Candidate with at least 3 years experience in operation and maintenance of Boilers, Air Compressors and Chillers, WWTP.
- Candidate with Thermo Oil Boiler and Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) experience is an advantage.
- Candidate must be able to work at Kulim, Kedah.
- Candidate must be able to perform in a high-paced and dynamic environment to meet tight deadlines.