Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure test solutions, compounds and reagents for use are prepared correctly.
- To analyze organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, and reactions utilizing chromatography, spectroscopy, and spectrophotometry techniques.
- To develop, improve and customize products, formulas, processes, and analytical methods.
- To compile and analyze test information to determine process and product operating efficiency and to diagnose problems.
- To supervise, coordinate and advise personnel performing test procedures in analyzing components and physical properties of materials.
- To monitor trial runs of new products or processes at production lines.
- To keep abreast of current news, technology and development pertaining to new or improved products or processes via literature and liaison with Malaysian Rubber Board (LGM), Malaysian Rubber Glove Manufacturers Association (MARGMA), Malaysian Rubber Export Promotion Council (MREPC) and regulatory bodies.
- To effectively communicate in a timely manner to superiors on project progress, results and analysis in terms of complete study reports, presentation and meetings.
- To ensure all laboratory equipment is well-maintained, utilized in proper manner and calibrated periodically.
- To implement all policies, activities, procedures, instructions as relevant and required by the quality management system.
- To undertake all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior.
- Candidate with at least Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Chemistry disciplines or equivalent.
- Candidate with at least 3 years of related experience in the same industry.
- Candidate must possess sound knowledge on current and emerging lab best practices.
- Candidate must have pleasant personality and able to interact with all levels of people.
- Candidate must possess well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal in English & Bahasa Malaysia, knowledge of other language will be an added value.
- Candidate must be able to perform in a high-paced and dynamic environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Candidate must be self-driven, motivated and open to new ideas and information.